Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hot Stuff

If we jump head on into this heatwave maybe the rest of the summer will seem like a breeze. Hopefully the tender little plants and everybody else will make it through to more temperate times.

This is the first year I am managing my own "market garden." After several years interning and working on other farms I felt it was time for me to try my hand at planning in addition to planting. Luckily I am not entirely on my own. I am working within a small farm business incubator called PLANT@Breeze. That is People Learning Agriculture Now for Tomorrow. Acronym came first?

So I am planting in a few rows there in Schley as well as on the land of friends, the Heydas, in Hillsborough proper.

I've got tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, okra, squash, carrots, bush beans, spinach, and radishes in the ground now and I have several trays of other plants that will go out in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: