Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What a fruitful week! I am now hunting for a second fridge so I can store the abundance that I expect will be coming for the next couple of months.

Our first melons are only two weeks away according to Karen McAdams, one of the Cooperative Extension agents who have put together the incubator program. As long as I keep the plants somewhat weeded it looks like we’ll be eating lots of watermelons and muskmelons (the group of melons to which cantaloupe and honeydew belong). This week we had a bumper crop of cucumbers. The rains were apparently well timed. Of course the squash are still coming on. We also have our first tomatoes ripening. I just stumbled upon the eggplant. I hadn’t even notice flowers on the plants and all of a sudden there were fruits.

Also lots of weeds.

No comments: